NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who enter on Instagram.com/wanderercottages, Instagram.com/saltcottages, wanderercottages.com/giveaway, or saltcottagesbarharbor.com/giveaway and who are 21 years or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Wanderer, Salt Cottages, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The Wanderer and Salt Cottages as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 1, 2022 at 6:30am EST and ending June 30, 2022 at 5:30pm EST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2022 at 5:30pm EST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by following The Wanderer and Salt Cottages on Instagram and leaving a comment on contest post, or by submitting an entry using the online form provided at wanderercottages.com/giveaway or saltcottagesbarharbor.com/giveaway. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Wanderer and Salt Cottages. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of The Wanderer and Salt Cottages.
- Prizes: One Grand Prize Winner of this Sweepstakes Giveaway will receive two nights at a Studio Cottage at The Wanderer in Kennebunk, Maine AND two nights in a studio cottage at Salt Cottages in Bar Harbor, Maine during the 2022 season, based on availability. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The Wanderer and Salt Cottages. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non-transferable and it is the responsibility of the winner to book. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Wanderer and Salt Cottages to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected at random under the supervision of The Wanderer and Salt Cottages. Winner will be notified by direct message on Instagram or via email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Wanderer and Salt Cottages shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 48 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE WANDERER AND SALT COTTAGE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that The Wanderer and Salt Cottages, anyone acting on behalf of The Wanderer and Salt Cottages, and The Wanderer and Salt Cottages’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: The Wanderer and Salt Cottages reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Wanderer and Salt Cottages’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, The Wanderer and Salt Cottages may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Wanderer and Salt Cottages. The Wanderer and Salt Cottages reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Wanderer and Salt Cottages have the right, in their sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, The Wanderer and Salt Cottages reserve the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Wanderer and Salt Cottages and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OFTHE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND Maine, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Maine having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Campaign are The Wanderer, 195 Sea Road, Kennebunk, Maine, and Salt Cottages, 20 ME 3, Bar Harbor Maine.
- First name and last initial will be announced on Instagram. Due to privacy issues, The Wanderer and Salt Cottages will not release the last name of the winner.